Bryn’s Christmas Mince Pie Flapjack Recipe
The same old food for Father Christmas every Christmas Eve…well no more! We’ve got the most amazing and simple recipe which combines a traditional mince pie with a delicious traditional flapjack for a Christmas delight, sure to make Santa smile with glee!
- 310g Jumbo Oats
- 1 x Brynmor Cranberry flapjack
- 360g Mincemeat
- 160g Unsalted Butter
- 150ml Honey or Golden Syrup
How to make it…
- In a saucepan melt the butter and honey (or syrup) together and stir continuously until both ingredients are combined.
- Take off the heat and stir in the jumbo oats until they are all covered nicely.
- Break up the Brynmor cranberry flapjack in the the bowl and mix well.
- Carefully spoon the mixture into a 12-hole cupcake tray tin and use your fingers or a spoon to flatten out the edges.
- Next, create a dent in the middle of the centre by using either your knuckles or a small spoon.
- Place one spoonful of mincemeat (your own or shop bought – either is fine) into the space created to finish off your masterpiece.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees celsius for 15-18 minutes but keep checking them so they don’t over-bake.
- Make sure you allow them to cool completely before removing from the tin.
Bryn’s Top Tip – Serve with cream or custard for a delicious festive treat!